++What you can triangulate on Google! Find links between me & disgraced MP Hazel Blears— Dr Mike Sutton (@Criminotweet) March 11, 2017
1 https://t.co/bqVYBrk2Ug …
2 https://t.co/a9Jx1lvuSW pic.twitter.com/pX1PzRT2mC
++@Rock_and_Droll there is research, but not much. I briefly reviewed it at https://t.co/DcMPrPxCje @PoliceNAWG @OkkiPepernoot pic.twitter.com/7FzJEBYFcL— Matt Ashby (@LessCrime) March 11, 2017
++.Actual fact led overview @LessCrime @Rock_and_Droll @PoliceNAWG @OkkiPepernoot COPS guide tackling stolen goods https://t.co/BMsytgH7OV pic.twitter.com/WWhWePh5eV— Dr Mike Sutton (@Criminotweet) March 11, 2017
++@LessCrime @Rock_and_Droll @PoliceNAWG Handlers/fences are brokers not markets. #SNA may help you - temporarily. If broker is unique or— AJ (@OkkiPepernoot) March 11, 2017
++@OkkiPepernoot see, for example, this study for the UK Home Office by @Criminotweet https://t.co/BATjQbSjIr @Rock_and_Droll @PoliceNAWG— Matt Ashby (@LessCrime) March 11, 2017
++Please be careful @LessCrime @Rock_and_Droll @PoliceNAWG @OkkiPepernoot 1 study of 2 experiments found police never implemented it correctly— Dr Mike Sutton (@Criminotweet) March 11, 2017
++@OkkiPepernoot @LessCrime @Rock_and_Droll @PoliceNAWG And to be even-handed perhaps the MRA really is too difficult to implement as proposed— Dr Mike Sutton (@Criminotweet) March 11, 2017
++@Rock_and_Droll @PoliceNAWG @OkkiPepernoot @LessCrime Yes I assessed the evidence for The US COPS Office in 2010: https://t.co/BMsytgH7OV— Dr Mike Sutton (@Criminotweet) March 11, 2017
++Please be careful @LessCrime @OkkiPepernoot @Rock_and_Droll @PoliceNAWG No not just handers at all. Thieves as well. And innocent consumers.— Dr Mike Sutton (@Criminotweet) March 11, 2017
++Be accurate Matt @LessCrime @Rock_and_Droll @PoliceNAWG @OkkiPepernoot concept based on national crime survey data &100+ in depth interviews— Dr Mike Sutton (@Criminotweet) March 11, 2017
.@LessCrime @OkkiPepernoot @Rock_and_Droll @PoliceNAWG And two others that followed 😎— Dr Mike Sutton (@Criminotweet) March 11, 2017
2, https://t.co/BMsytgH7OV pic.twitter.com/23kRvrvpQP
TO AVOID THE CREATION OF NEW FALLACIES AND MYTHS, IT IS IMPORTANT FOR SCHOLARS TO BE CAREFUL, BE PRECISE AND TO GET THE FACTS RIGHT AND TO BE EVEN-HANDED WHEN DISSEMINATING COMMENTS AND REVIEWS ABOUT THE ORIGINAL ACADEMIC WORK AND ORIGINAL CONCEPTIONS OF OTHERS AND ANY EVALUATIONS OF IT.
My Oxford University Press Bibliography on Fencing and Stolen Goods is in-press and will be published very shortly in 2017.
Meanwhile, here is a list of just a small sample of my theoretical and evidence-led work that has been published on the Market Reduction Approach the theft.
1. British Journal of Criminology: SUPPLY BY THEFT: Does the Market for Second-hand Goods Play a Role in Keeping Crime Figures High? Click Here
2. Home Office Research Study: Handling Stolen Goods and Theft: A Market Reduction Approach: Click Here - based on questions I designed and analysed for the nationally representative British Crime Survey and in-depth semi-structured qualitative interviews with known prolific thieves, consumers and various types of fence.
3. Home Office Policing and Reducing Crime Unit Report: Tackling Theft With the Market Reduction Approach: Click Here - Based in large part on knowledge gained from then on-going evaluation of implementation of MRA Operation Radium in Kent
4. Problem oriented Policing US Department of Justice COPS Office Guide to Talking Stolen Goods Markets: Click Here - Overview of publications and reports on many initiatives to tackle theft by tackling stolen goods market in UK and USA.
5, HANDLING STOLEN GOODS: FINDINGS FROM THE 2003 OFFENDING CRIME
AND JUSTICE SURVEY Mike Sutton, Sarah Hodgkinson and Mike Levi Click Here
6. How Prolific Thieves Sell Stolen Goods Click Here
Effective crime reduction important. Reducing myths & fallacies about crime reduction is importantly related to it https://t.co/jVkaJpdY48 pic.twitter.com/4FScT3Hia5— Supermythbuster (@supermyths) March 12, 2017
Read my IJC blog post on exactly why veracity is important for sound scholarship and how to deal with those who can't seem to understand why. HERE
Post a Comment